Using the Enjoy ergonomic chair as an example, this post aims to explain the features associated with an ergonomic chair.
- Back Height: raise or lower to support the lower back (lumbar region of the spine). With the Enjoy the back height adjustment operates on a ratchet system so the backrest can be set in any one of 5 positions.
- Seat Height: raise or lower the seat height so feet rest flat on the floor. With correct adjustment upper legs should be angled slightly downwards.
- Seat Slide: adjust seat depth to accommodate the length of the legs. Once correctly adjusted, it should be possible to place your clenched fist between the edge of the seat and the back of your knee. This ensures the back remains in contact with the backrest, avoiding pressure behind the knees.
- Headrest: tilt and adjust height to individual requirements.
- Back Tilt: adjust to change the angle of the back in relation to the seat. Allows for multiple angles based on the individual’s requirements. Lock in any one of 3 positions, or operate in free-float mode to follow the user’s movement.
- Armrests: raise, lower, adjust angle and depth so forearms rest comfortably while sitting at a desk.
The following video provides a demonstration of these features in the Enjoy ergonomic chair:
For further information on choosing an office chair please contact a member of the Team on 0845 652 2347. At Saxen we over a range of specialist, heavy duty ergonomic chairs and a variety of ergonomic solutions and accessories.